Sunday, August 21, 2016

30 Day raw detox: Day 21...never trust a fart...

This is a moment of complete transperancy...today I pooped my pants!
Yesterday afternoon my body began purging toxins to the tenth power. I felt horrible but I knew it was necessary so I didn't trip, I let my body do what it needed to do and I got some much needed rest.  The sulfur burps an loose stool gave me the heads up that my body is healing itself and getting rid of the cap is just a part of the process so I was mentally prepared to let it flow, literally.  I threw up a few times last night and woke up this morning feeling brand new, but of course that was the overlay for the underplay.  My body was really setting me up for an adult failure of epic proportions.  My sister and I had gone to the grocery store to grab items for dinner, when we got to the car I couldn't wait to down my vitamin packed fruit juice that I had just purchased.  I drank a bit of juice and felt gassy, so I kinda lifted up in the seat to pass gas, at that moment tragedy struck!  I felt like a human soft serve machine!  I was tickled,  devastated, and disgusted at the same time.  Luckily I was wearing a maxi pad, so it didn't seep threw my clothes  (it mad clean up a hell of a lot easier too).  I rode home semi-seated on a plastic bag gagging (although my poop smells a lot like salad lately) and cracking up with my sister!
The two lessons that I learned today are that when detoxing NEVER TRUST A FART!  Your body is doing some serious dirty work and you never know when it will decide to "clean you out".  The second lesson is that SHIT HAPPENS, in a literal and figurative sense.  Allow it to happen, learn your body, accept your healing, and don't take yourself to serious.  
I am sharing this because someone may be embarrassed and think it is just them going through these changes and I want to let them know that they are not alone.  Healing isn't always pretty and fun, it is a struggle,  just keep the faith in your bodies ability to heal and don't give up when it gets hard. 
In the words of my pops "tough times don't last, but tough people do".

No comments:

Post a Comment