Wednesday, November 20, 2013

SpitFire Poetry/Nacho Pizza/ East Lansing

Performing always gives me a rush!  I love being on stage just as much as I love writing. But between juggling 5 kids, writing and managing a household I am often times too exhausted to doll myself up to get on stage!  By the remote chance that I have energy to perform who has the time or free brain cells to memorize poetry along side keeping track of dentist appointments and oil changes?

So tonight was a treat for me!

Tonight I was the feature poet at SpitFire Poetry in East Lansing, hosted by Logic and Ethereal at a cozy art gallery, Metrospace.  The show was great, tons of positive energy, wonderful poetry and an amazing pizza spot next door called Georgio's, which served a delicious nacho pizza (East Lansing has so many cool spots to get good food), truly one of the highlights of my night. Not only was I given the opportunity to present my work, but I was also blessed with the ability to experience new artists, network and build with creative minds. Thanks to the hosts for inviting me and displaying such genuine hospitality and my sincerest appreciation to all the supporters who came out to the show, the crowd was full off love and that alone makes what I do worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment