Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Death at a funeral

When I die
tell my daughters to wash my
body
Shroud me in white linen
Tell them to pay attention to the details of death
Encourage them to live while alive
Can't come back from the final rest
No greater theft than someone stealing your time
You are defined by how you spend your moments
Existence is a miracle
Make it marvelous
Breathtaking even
Choose happy
That is the greatest truth my pappy ever told me
The evolution of my mother showed me to live boldly and wholly
Don't let pain hold me
Cander isn't always healing
God's grace is evident in every gander
Nothing grander than it's grandeur
Gifts abundant and glorious if you view them as such
Waking up
My Children's touch
The blush of sun rays at Maghrib
Signifying the end to another day
No mourning for the morning
Our light must set someday
© Amber Hasan 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment